Saturday, September 3, 2011

So here's my plan...

Sue Mack is on the move, and instead of keeping a journal, I'm blogging. I've been inspired by the younger generation.

I am planning to do 3 local adventures each week starting the week after September 11.

I hope to start mapping out some must see destinations for my sojourns. Why? Because I've recently moved back to NYC, and after working since the age of 14, I can finally relax and go where I want. Since I lived in Staten Island for 35 years, and gave hundreds of tours of the Island, I'm going to focus on the other boroughs and the surrounding tri-state area.
One of the advantages of living in NYC is being able to use mass transit and the advantage of being retired means I won't be rushing around, preferring to focus on one place per day. My interests are varied and eclectic. I like quiet retreats, and bustling streets. Yes there are lots of great places to eat and shop in NYC, but I will be brown bagging it and focusing on places of interest, historical, botanical, and topical. So, if you have a favorite place that you'd like to tell me about or show me, great. If you want to join me, let me know and we can meet there.






Location:NYC & points beyond



Location:NYC and tri state area

2 comments:

Amy McCarthy said...

Thanks for setting this up. It's always more fun to do this stuff with a friend. Good Idea.
love Amy

Anonymous said...

Nice walk in the Van Cortlandt John Muir trail yesterday, thanks for letting me tag along!